What should I do ?

 

What should I do ?


They say we’re careless and still too young,

I say we are awesome, just a bit high strung,

Ignoring those words which have always stung,

Hoping for the new songs still not sung.

In an era where the wrongdoers run free,

Full of people going on a moral killing  spree,

Should I be willfully blind or should I see?

Or should I close my heart and let it be ?

 

Should I comment on how they destroy the nature?

Should I ignore the cries of every miserable creature?

I think  I’m starting to sound like a village preacher,

Or should I focus on the new iphone and its latest feature?

 

Should I fight against the racial and religious divide?

Should I ignore those who have their rights denied?

 Or should I open up  my heart and my mind?

And  rekindle the old flames which have already died?

 

 Should I ignore the poverty stricken for my salvation?

And follow the path of the former generation ?

Should I harden my heart and ignore my dying nation ?

If I ignore, is there any worth in my education ?

Should I turn deaf to the wails and screams which double?

And ignore the ruins and the surrounding rubble ?

Should I live enclosed in my hypocritical bubble ?

Far far away from all this trouble ?

Should I ingnore all my mistakes ?

Should I betray and cause heartbreaks?

I’m plagued by endless headaches,

For my actions I wish I had retakes.

 

The anger, the hatred, who gets the blame ?

Should I change or should I think the same ?

If I ignore will life seem like a winning game?

Should I abandon me for money, power, prestige and fame?

 

 The deadly diseases caused by moral and environmental pollution,

Should I ignore and assist this scheming collusion?

The honeyed words and empty promises seem to be an illusion ?

Am I right or is this my twisted delusion ?

Should I blame every ruler and politician?

Even though my vote was solely my decision,

I think I need a new conviction,

To vote with wisdom and a new disposition.

 

In an era where stupidity and ignorance spreads like a viral flu

My dear reader, the answers are deep within both me and  you.

I’m confused on how to proceed; Wait, do you have a clue?

On what steps we should take? On what to do ?

So now dear reader it’s time to decide.

Should we fight and  ride the tide?

For this test, new answers let’s provide

So that we can say at least  say that we tried.  

By: Shenali Anthony

Comments

Popular Posts