A Broken Girl's Advice Naduni De Silva

 

A BROKEN GIRL’S ADVICE

Me?
Oh don't worry about me,
No one ever did,
So why bother listening,
To the life of a girl,
Who's broken?

But if you really want,
Tell me what you wanna know,
The not- so fairytale ending,
Or the sugar coated beginning?
The lies or the truths?
Just choose what you want,
And I'll give you my answer.

Wanna know the truth?
I'm surprised,
That, there's one,
Among the thousands,
Who wanna know,
The so called truth,
About this crazy life.

Just to introduce,
My life is fake,
My smile is fake,
I'm a girl,
But they call me a trash.

They?
Don't know?
Cmon, don't make me laugh,
You are one of them,
You live with them,
You breathe the same air,
So how can you tell,
You don't know,
Who they are?

At first,
I was a simple teen,
Had friends, had crushes,
Hated school,
Loved Friday nights.

Now that I think about it,
I was so naive,
So lively, and
That made them think,
That I'm easy, as
I was innocent.

Didn't know,
Who they really were,
Nor what do they wanted,
From a girl like me,
Who had nothing to give.

Me? The same?
No darling,
I'm different,
I used to be so happy,
Unlike now.

To tell you,
It took only one night,
To make my life,
A living hell.

Wanna know how?

One party, one guy,
One drink, and one bed.

Got the idea?
It's pretty easy right?

Just wanted to cool my head,
Couldn't take,
Couldn't listen,
To my parents shit,
That vibrated through my ears.

They didn't care, did they?
They were so busy arguing,
So they soon forgot me,
Me, who was there,
Like every other day,
Listening to their arguments,
Cuddled up in a corner, crying,
Praying they'll stop.

But that time,
One thing was different,
I was older,
And couldn't take it, anymore
So I went.

I used to hear,
Dad going out,
To drink, just to forget,
About his troubles.

Why shouldn't I do the same?
I thought.

So I went,
Regardless the stares,
Regardless the smiles,
That made my hair go up,
That made my skin tickle.

One cup, two cups, and
three cups,
I was floating,
In a place,
Where I was so happy,
That my problems,
Just flew away.

See the thing was,
I didn't know,
About, the dangers that lurked,
About the criminals who lived,
For I was so young,
And no one told me. 

Time flew,
I got dizzy,
My mind blacked out.

Alas, next day,
I think,
I woke up,
In a strange room,
With nothing but a cloth,
To cover myself.

My heart started beating,
My mind began racing,
But couldn't recall anything,
About what was happening.

A door opened,
My mother stormed in,
She took me by surprise,
And said everything was fine.

But you know,
It wasn't,
It was like,
The hell broke free.

One photo,
Was all they needed,
To hit me,
To kill me.

The school forced me to leave,
For them,
I was a disgrace,
A trash and filth.

They didn't let me talk,
Nor let me explain,
Why I went there,
Why did I do it,
So I had to bury the truth,
In between my smiles.

My purity was gone,
My honesty was gone,
My smile was gone,
My hands got bloody.

My happiness came at night,
Where I could put a scar,
On my hand,
And to feel my pain,
Slowly going away,
In the form of blood.

My father abandoned me,
I became a burden,
To my mother,
Who had to protect me,
From them,
From their stares.

So I ran,
To a place,
Where there's no one,
Who knew me, and
Prayed the god,
To keep my mother safe.

The new place welcomed me,
But I wasn't happy,
I became distant,
I started living a lie,
Just because;
I wanted to tell the truth,
To a living soul,
Of what they did to me.

Mom?
She found me after years,
And became my strength.

I lived for her,
Breathed for her,
As I didn't have a heart,
For they ripped it away,
From me.

I'm living,
Like this,
Only because,
I want to see her smile,
So she would rest peacefully,
Without worrying,
Without any tears. 

That's the truth,
About who I am.

What?
A final question?
Go ahead and ask,
For I've nothing to hide,
As I told everything, to you.

They?
You still don't get it?
It's pretty easy,
They are The Society,
The corrupted world,
Where devils roam.

Oh no!
You are an angel,
But there are devils,
Among the angels,
Who kills people,
With their poisonous words.

Let me give an advice,
Don't become a devil,
But become an angel,
Who understands and helps,
The innocent,
When devils do them wrong,
For, one angel can,
Destroy the devils,
With just one good deed.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts